The Top 5 Reasons to Chose Soy Candles
Soy candles are awesome! They smell better, burn slower, and are healthier than their alternatives. If you want a high-quality, long-lasting, bad-ass smelling candle, soy candles are your best bet. Here we will be discussing the many benefits of soy candles and hopefully you will see why I love them so much!
- Soy candles are slow burning: this one is easily my favourite benefit. Soy candles burn 50% longer than paraffin candles and are easily the slowest burning candles out there. Because soy candles really do last, it makes them more cost effective than their alternatives. Soy candles may cost a bit more upfront, but they will last way longer than paraffin candles, which means that you wont have to part with your favourite scent too soon. To give you some perspective, Lit Candle Co.'s 10oz soy candles burn for 60-80 hours!
- Soy Candles burn cleaner: soy candles emit much less soot than paraffin candles, which means that they don’t stain your walls or furniture
- Soy candles are all natural: unlike paraffin candles that are derived from petroleum, soy candles are derived from the soya bean plant and thus are a great natural plant-based choice
- Soy candles smell great: due to their lower flashpoint, soy candles smell better and their scent lasts longer than traditional paraffin candles. If your candle doesn’t smell amazing, what’s the point even?
- Soy candles are better for you and for the environment: unlike paraffin candles which are made of petroleum oil and emit higher levels of C02, soy candles are made from vegetable oil and are a great healthier option. Soy candles are also non-toxic and do not emit known carcinogens like it’s paraffin counterparts
When choosing a scented candle to buy you really can’t go wrong with soy!